Поискать другие аналоги этой работы
Зачётная работа. Английский язык. Курс 1, семестр 1.ID: 149300
Дата закачки: 20 Января 2015
Посмотреть другие работы этого продавца
Тип работы: Работа Зачетная
Сдано в учебном заведении: СибГУТИ
Прочтите текст и выполните задания к тексту.
WHAT IS VOIP?
1. Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) is a new technology that uses broadband Internet and network lines to transmit real-time voice information. This technology has the potential for completely changing the way phone calls are made and making phone companies a thing of the past.
2. To make a phone call on the Internet, several things must happen. On the sending side, analog voice signals are digitized, compressed, divided into packets and transmitted over network lines. On the receiving end, the signals are recombined, uncompressed and converted back into audio. Because the voice signals are digital, they can be transmitted just like any other data packets on a network. VoIP can be relatively inexpensive to implement, although costs rise as the complexity of the system increases.
3. There are currently several problems with this technology. If the computer or network lines fail, then telephone service is interrupted. Though the stability of computer hardware, operating systems and network infrastructure has improved significantly in the last decade, crashes still occur. The "up" time of these systems is still significantly less than with traditional phone systems - which often continue to function even during power outages. Another issue is that tracking the origin of a call is difficult because the signals are transmitted over the Internet. This is especially important to emergency responders to 911 calls. Caller ID service may not function either.
4. Additionally, devices that make calls using phone lines, such as fax machines, cable TV boxes, etc. may not function properly. Law enforcement officials may have difficulty wiretapping phone lines that use VoIP technology. Finally, the quality of VoIP service is lower than that of a traditional phone system. Since the information is transmitted over network lines, VoIP phone calls may break up, hesitate, or cause words to be dropped. All of these issues are being addressed and their significance should be eliminated over time.
I Mark the statements true (T), false (F), no information (0)
1. Students can reach library resources through the Internet.
2. E-mailing gave people the opportunity to send letters at the speed of a phone call.
3. Some college students began experimenting with linking computers in the 1960s.
4. A packet switching technology was designed to create a computer-using community.
II What abstract (1, 2, 3, 4.) contains the following information.
A) Highway systems created, worldwide Net could be expanded at a phenomenal rate.
В) Some systems of public access to Internet are not too expensive for their users.
III What is the main advantage of the packet systems?
A) The main advantage of this system is in the fact that it doesn’t allow numerous users to share a communication line.
В) The main advantage of this systems is in the fact that it serves as a means of surviving nuclear attacks.
C) The main advantage of this system is in the fact it helped to create many-track data route.
D) The main advantage of this system is in the fact that it supports the development of new projects.
IV What is the main idea of the text?
A) E-mail service provided by the Internet nowadays
B) Online conferences as science-oriented discussions
C) The development of the Internet in the 20th century
D) “Talking” around the country
Комментарии: Оценена Ваша работа по предмету: Английский язык (часть 1)
Вид работы: Зачет
Алферова Татьяна Алексеевна
Размер файла: 11,1 Кбайт
Добавить в корзину
Вход в аккаунт:
Cодержание / Английский язык / Зачётная работа. Английский язык. Курс 1, семестр 1.