Поискать другие аналоги этой работы
Английский язык. 2-й семестр. Экзамен. Билет №10Дата закачки: 10 Марта 2016
Посмотреть другие работы этого продавца
Тип работы: Работа Экзаменационная
Сдано в учебном заведении: СибГУТИ
Задание 1. Выберите правильный ответ.
1. What technological developments ___________ minicomputers and microcomputers possible?
c) did make
2. My elderly aunt Agatha just forwarded me a virus warning. What ___________ I do?
3. What ___________ the difference between a virus and a worm?
4. Virus requires no user interaction and ___________already___________your computer, simply by virtue of having been sent to you.
a) will have infected
b) would have infected
5. The Mich¬elangelo virus ___________worldwide within a year.
a) is gone
c) has been gone
6. It is not easy to protect hard disks, so many people use antivirus programs.
b) have used
c) will use
7. Today, operating systems___________the use of hardware devices such as the printer or mouse.
a) controls and manages
b) is controlling and managing
c) control and manage
8. British analysts___________ emails sent and received in the UK and found that one in 300 is infected, compared with one in 1,500 in 1999.
a) will examine
b) were examining
c) have examined
9.___________ calculations, a computer displays results.
a. Having performed
10.A faulty cable ___________ between two manholes is to be replaced.
d. having run
11.___________ under different conditions, the devices were put to use.
g. having been tested
12. The device ___________ faulty, one cannot rely on its readings.
l. to be
13. RAM stands for Random Access Memory, information ___________ into and out of any single byte of memory.
m. being transferred
o. have transferred
14. Other factors ___________ constant, the current is known to be directly proportional to conductivity.
r. having been
15. A barometer is used for _______________ the atmospheric pressure.
16. Is any metal capable of _______________ into a wire.
17. We know the atmospheric pressure __________ as altitude increases.
18. Quantum electronics _________________, it became possible to produce clock that measure time with an accuracy of one second per 300 years.
a.having been developed
b.have been developed
19. Without the Sun there _____________ no light, no heat, no energy of any kind.
20. Oxygen is an element of greatest importance to the Earth as all living things __________ without it.
c.will be dying
21. If automatic checking of different kinds hadn’t been built into the computer it __________ operate with extraordinary reliability.
a) Couldn’t operate
b) can’t operate
c) can’t operating
22. If the operators some additional components, they would have been able to actuate the relay
b) have used
c) had used
Задание 2.Сделать задание к тексту.
For several decades, psychologists have been doing extensive research on a subject that effects millions of us: hobbies. (2) According to their findings, a person’s choice of hobby can be almost as revealing as his reaction to an inkblot.
Investigators found that a clearly distinguishable pattern exists between hobby preferences and personality.
Scientists now say that they are in a position to study your hobby and come up with a fairly accurate estimate of your emotional
maturity, level of intelligence, and distinguishing personality traits.
(9) This is because people generally pick a hobby of their own free will. As a parallel, a person choosing a mate employs a
method of selection that reflects his or her intellectual and emotional maturity; the same process is at work in choosing a hobby.
A hobby is never a task, but a form of living expression that complements (14)and augments one’s own personality.
1. This passage mainly discusses
(A) psychologists’ preferred hobbies
(B) benefits of having a hobby
(C) hobbies and personality traits
(D) useful leisure time activities
2. The word “findings” in line 2 is closest in meaning to
3. It can be inferred to the passage that a reaction to an inkblot
(A) is used to reveal a person’s personality
(B) is one kind of hobby
(C) is being extensively investigated today
(D) is the author’s favorite hobby
4. The author implies in the passage that hobbies are
(A) only for the emotionally mature
(B) something most people have
(C) as important as mate
(D) very time consuming endeavors
5. The word “this” in line 9 refers to
(A) the ability of scientists to match hobbies with personal characteristics
(B) the need for people to choose an appropriate hobby
(C) extensive research of psychologists
(D) the ability of scientists to give advice on how free time is best used
6. According to the passage, a person’s choice of hobby can tell scientists about all of the following EXCEPT
(A) level of intelligence
(B) probable choice of mate
(C) emotional maturity
(D) Special personality traits
7. As used in line 14, the word “augments” is closest in meaning to
Размер файла: 41,5 Кбайт
Добавить в корзину
Сейчас качают: 1 Коментариев: 0
Cодержание / Английский язык / Английский язык. 2-й семестр. Экзамен. Билет №10