Поискать другие аналоги этой работы
Английский язык (задания)ID: 199938
Дата закачки: 17 Апреля 2019
Продавец: alexandr (Напишите, если есть вопросы)
Посмотреть другие работы этого продавца
Тип работы: Задачи
Форматы файлов: Microsoft Word
Сдано в учебном заведении: СИБИТ
Read and translate the text in a written form.
State system of the Russian Federation
The Russian Federation is set up by the Constitution of 1993. Under the Constitution Russia is a presidential republic. The federal government consists of three branches: legislative, executive and judicial. Each of them is checked and balanced by the President.
The legislative power is vested in the Federal Assembly. It consists of two chambers. The Upper Chamber is the Council of Federation; the Lower Chamber is the State Duma.
Each chamber is headed by the Speaker. The member s of the Federal Assembly are elected by popular vote for a four year period.
Legislature maybe initiated in either of the two Chambers. But to become a law a bill must be approved by both Chambers and signed by the President. The President may veto the bill.
The President is commander in chief of the armed forces; he makes treaties, enforces laws, and appoints ministers to be approved by the Federal Assembly.
The executive power belongs to the Government which is headed by the Prime Minister. The first action of the Prime Minister on appointment is to form the Cabinet.
The judicial branch is represented by the Constitutional Court, the Supreme Court, the Supreme Court of Arbitration, and the regional courts.
The flag of Russia is a tricolor of three equal horizontal fields, white on the top, blue in the middle and red on the bottom. The national anthem o f Russia is composed by Alexander Alexandrov. The hymn was adopted in late 2000 by President Vladimir Putin. A new State Emblem of the Russian Federation consists of a black two headed eagle crowned with two imperial crowns, over which the same third crown, enlarged. It is the most ancient symbol of Russia.
All these symbols are official. They have been approved by the Federal Assembly.
Find the in the text the English equivalents for these words and word combinations. Translate them in a written form:
учредить согласно Конституции; президентская республика; законодательная, исполнительная, судебная власть; система сдержек и противовесов; возложить на; Федеральное собрание; Совет Федерации; Дума; избирать все общим голосованием; одобрить / подписать закон; наложить вето на законопроект; Верховный Главнокомандующий; назначать
министров; возглавлять правительство; Верховный суд; государственный / гимн / флаг / герб.
Complete these sentences:
1. Under the Constitution Russia is... .
2. The federal government consists of three branches:.. .
3. The legislative power is vested in... .
4. The Federal Assembly consists of ... .
5. To become a law a bill must be... .
6. The executive power belongs to … .
7. The judicial branch i s represented by... .
8. State symbols of the Russia n Federation are ... .
Answer and the following questions. Sum up what you know about the political system of the Russian Federation. Write a summary.
1. What kind of political system does Russia have?
2. I s Russia is a presidential or parliamentary republic?
3. What are the advantage s and disadvantage s of the both forms o f government?
4. What is the highest legislative body of Russia? How is it elected?
5. Who can initiate legislature?
6. What stages must a Bill pass to become a law?
7. What are the President\'s responsibilities?
8. Who is the head of the executive power? Is the Government elected or appointed?
9. Which courts is the judicial branch represented by?
10. What are the official symbols of the Russian Federation?
English Tenses (Active Voice)
Combine two simple sentences into a complex one with the subordinate clause of time or condition: Model: First he’ll gain some experience as a house counsel. Then he’ll start his own practice (when). – He’ll start his own practice when he gains some experience.
1. You must prove the guilt of the suspect. You will win the case. (if)
2. First you must spend two years as an articled clerk. Then you’ll become a solicitor. (after)
3. The attorney will prepare the necessary documents. He’ll send the copy to the client. (as soon as)
4. “Sir, you do not know it to be good or bad. Only the judge can determine it”. (till)
5. Please, don’t touch anything. The police will be here in no time. (before)
6. The counsel will not preserve the client’s confidence. He discloses his secrets. (if)
7. He will succeed, I think. He devotes much time to the development of his own practice. (in case)
8. He studies well. His legal education will probably last about five years. (providing).
Use either the Present Continuous or the Present Simple:
1. – I am very busy now. I ______ (to prepare) the documents on a very difficult case.
– ______ (you /to do) it alone?
– No, two managing clerks _____ (to help) me.
2. A solicitor ______ (to deal) with matters outside the court.
3. The Law Society _____ (to regulate) the conduct of solicitors in England.
4. What kind of law (you/to practise)?
5. – What (the attorney/ to do) at present? – He _______ (to study) the particulars of the case.
6. I (not to believe) your evidence! You ______ (to lie)!
7. Legal service costs _______ (to increase) permanently due to inflation.
8. Attorney rarely _______ (to discuss) with their clients the possibility of losing the case.
9. (You/to know) what conveyancing (to mean)? – Conveyancing _______ (to mean) making all the legal arrangements for the buying and selling of land, houses and other buildings.
10. Probate (to be) a type of work a lawyer _______ (to do) that (to deal) with making a will for a client who, when he/she _______ (to die), _______ (to wish) to leave his/her property to certain persons or charities and making sure that his/her wishes are carried out.
11. The lawyer _____ (to serve) effectively as an advocate only if he ____ (to know) all that his client ____ (to know), concerning the facts of the case.
12. (You/ to know) if the number of lawyers _______ (to increase) or _______ (to decrease) in the country nowadays?
These are Jane’s notes for Monday.
Say, what her plans are, using the Present Continuous: Model: 9 a.m., Monday. The lecture on criminal law. (attend)
She is attending the lecture on criminal law.
The pool. (swim)
Lunch. (to have)
3 p. m.
Preliminary investigation. (to watch)
Tea with the friends. (to have)
6 p. m.
The seminar on administrative law. (to take part)
8 p. m.
The English language laboratory. (to work)
10 p. m.
Some detective novel. (to read)
Insert the proper forms to express the future actions:
1. The Government has been in the past and _____ in the future a major consumer of legal talent (to be).
2. This argument _____ the judge (not/to convince).
3. I don’t trust this juror. I _____ him (to challenge).
4. He’s a practitioner with long experience. I am sure he ______ the case (to win).
5. Jack is in trouble and needs a legal backing. – I know. I ______ his matter tomorrow (to discuss).
6. I’ve decided to retire to the Federal Agency. – Have you? What _____ you (to do)?
7. Did you send him a summons? – Oh, I’m sorry. I completely forgot. I ____ it now (to do).
8. Can I get your opinion on the case today? – No, you _______ it tomorrow (to get).
9. What you ______ (to do) at 11 tomorrow? – We ______ (to have) a seminar on civil law at this time.
Комментарии: 2019. оценка - отлично
Размер файла: 53,5 Кбайт
Скачано: 6 Коментариев: 0
Есть вопросы? Посмотри часто задаваемые вопросы и ответы на них.
Опять не то? Мы можем помочь сделать!
Некоторые похожие работы:Теория информации. Лабораторные работы №1-5 на С++
Лабораторные работы №1-3 по дисциплине «Теория информации». Общий вариант. 2020 год.
ЭВМ и периферийные устройства. ВАРИАНТ №5. Лабораторные работы №4,5.
Теория информации. ВАРИАНТ №5. Комплект лабораторных работ №1-5.
Теория информации. Лабораторная работа №1-5. Все варианты
Дискретная математика. Контрольная работа. Вариант № 4
Контрольная работа по дисциплине: Дискретная математика. Вариант №3 (2-й семестр)
Ещё искать по базе с такими же ключевыми словами.
Вход в аккаунт:
Cодержание / Английский язык / Английский язык (задания)